Find Me On Social Media

Monday, July 13, 2015

Go-To Product for Highlighting AKA Strobing: Plus How-To!

Welcome back, beauties!!!

I'm loving this summer so far. I've been so busy, but I've been enjoying myself so much! So many beautiful experiences! I spent 5 hours at the beach yesterday, basking under the sun with no makeup and my SPF protection getting a natural bronze-y glow!

I think everyone here knows by now that I am a sucker for a natural glow, and that's why I wanted to share my favorite highlighter that I use for my natural glow from within shine every day!

Highlighting just might be my favorite makeup technique to date. I don't contour all that often (but when I do, I love a good contour, honey), but I've also reached for my highlighter!

There's been a "new" makeup technique introduced to the makeup world in the last month or so called, "Strobing." I'm not quite sure why it has this name, because strobing is, essentially, highlighting! 

So, in honor of this "new" technique, I thought I'd jump in and share one of my favorite products that I've mentioned on my channel several times since purchasing it, and teach you all how to highlight (strobe)!

Tadaaaaaaaa! 

The Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand! 
This Illuminizing wand was released just a few months ago with a few different types of Illuminzers (highlighters)! When I first saw it online, I just HAD to have it. It looked like it gave such a beautiful glow.

And I was right! 
Since getting this product, I've worn it almost every makeup day. I liiiiiiiive for this Illuminizer! It's so versatile. You can do so much with it. And the amount of product due to it being a wand? Endless! 

For $28.00 at Sephora, I think it's so worth it. It's currently sold out at Sephora.com, but you can shop around in your local Sephora, JosieMaran.com, Amazon, QVC, etc. 

So how do you highlight (or "Strobe") using the Illuminizing wand, or, any other type of highlighter you may have?

It's simple! 

When you contour, you're putting a bronzer that's a little lighter than your skin tone in the places on your face that you'd like to shadow and bring inward. You contour your cheekbones, along the sides of your nose, along your jawline, at your hairline... anywhere you get a natural shadow that you would like to give a slimmer effect, and bring inward.

So, when highlighting or "strobing," you want to highlight any place on your face where the light hits that you'd like to bring forward. 

What are those spots?

Your brow bone, your cupids bow, the peaks of your cheekbones, along the bridge of your nose, the center of your forehead, the center of your chin, your collarbones, shoulders, etc.! 

Here's a handy diagram to make it easier to understand!


Strobing is essentially making it look like someone is following you around with a bunch of fancy lights, giving you a beautiful shine all day long. 

I love highlighting. I love looking like a glowy, dewy, shining goddess! 

It's important to note, highlighting does not make you look greasy... it just makes you look glowy. There's a difference, beauties! 

The Josie Maran Illuminizing Wand is the best highlighter I have found on the market so far. It gives your skin a beautiful shine and shimmer that the light catches so beautifully, but it doesn't look like too much. It's the perfect amount. 

I'll post some photos below of me applying the highlighter, as well as photos where you can see how beautifully it sits on the skin.

Because it's a beautiful wand infused with Argan Oil, it has a light, creamy, hydrating texture. You can swipe it onto the parts you'd like to highlight, and blend it out with your fingers. 

However, what I like to do is swipe it along the spots I mentioned above, also shown in the diagram, and then blend it out by tapping it with a damp Beauty Blender! (As shown below.)






Here's some shots to show how amazingly gorgeous it makes your skin look! 


That gloooooooow!!! I love it. 



I really love the highlight you get with this wand, and if you're new to highlighting aka strobing, then I think this gorgeous, easy way to highlight is the best way  to start! Even if you're a seasoned highlighter, you will LOVE this Illuminizer, and that's a promise! :)

That's all for now! Let me know if you plan on purchasing this highlight! I'll be back next week with a product that I've really been loving lately. 

I love you all, thanks for stopping by! Stay beautiful, 
Christina Bracco
Xoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, suggestions, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com, or please fill out the Contact Form in the sidebar. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment