Find Me On Social Media

Thursday, March 26, 2015

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue and Up Close and Beautiful Complexion Starter Kit !!

Hello, beauties!!!

Welcome back to Beauty by Bracco. I hope you've all been having a great week!

As I mentioned in Monday's skincare post , my skin has been recovering from a bad reaction to an exfoliating mask. I've recovered quite a bit, but I'm still suffering from a teeny tiny bit of texture and redness. It doesn't help that Mother Nature is prepping my skin for her monthly visit, ifyouknowwhatImean. Just keeping it real, ladies! We're all friends here!

With all of that being said, I've been laying low on the makeup applications, and letting my skin breathe. I haven't really been wearing makeup, but if I do decide that I want to look a little more fresh, covered, and alive, I've been running to my bareMinerals! I own the bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15. I wear Fair for those who are wondering, because I am Casper's sister. I just LOVE this foundation. It's lightweight, allowing your skin to breathe, but it still provides your skin with beautiful natural-looking coverage. And, in my opinion, it's a great product for $28.00 because it is a loose powder foundation, and I find that those tend to last quite a long time.

So, I've been using this foundation as my go-to for the last two or three weeks (even before I had the bad reaction) and it inspired me to go out and buy some more bareMinerals goodies that I've had my eye on!

*Drum rolls* I purchased the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, and the bareMinerals Up Close and Beautiful 30-Day Complexion Starter Kit from Sephora!! 

*Sidenote: You can purchase bareMinerals products at retailers such as Ulta, QVC, bareMinerals.com, Amazon, but I personally purchased mine from Sephora* 


Let's start with the bareMinerals Up Close and Beautiful Starter Kit! As you all probably know by now, I love me a great kit for a great price! When there is a great kit like this from a brand that I love such as bareMinerals, I'm sold! I felt this was the perfect time to finally purchase this kit that has been sitting on my list for a while now, due to my current skin issues.

bareMinerals is such an amazing brand because of the natural glow its products give your skin. This kit is a loose powder kit (not including the primer, obviously) and it is perfect if you want full coverage, but you don't want to have to cake on the makeup to get a flawless complexion. Plus, hellooooo!! SPF is included in their products. Protecting the skin from the suns harmful rays is SO important for skincare.

Here's what it looks like, before we dive into what this kit includes. There are several shades to choose from, I chose to go with the light, for it works well when I'm pale, and when I get a little color in the summer months.


This kit includes:


  • 0.5oz  Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • 0.03oz Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
  • 0.02oz Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Summer Bisque
  • 0.03oz Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
  • Mini Full Flawless Face Brush
  • Mini Concealer Brush
That. Is. A. Fabulous. Deal. All of this is a $74.00 value, but it is sold at Sephora for ONLY $22.00!! 

They are obviously smaller than the usual normal sizes of these products, but I promise, loose mineral powder cosmetics last so long! And for just $22.00? 6 award winning and signature products- I cannot get over it! 

Next up, we have the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue



This product really intrigued me, and I'd had my eye on it for a while. While I was already in the bareMinerals section of my local Sephora picking up the Up Close in Beautiful kit, I decided to finally snag this up as well! 

This is a Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream that combines skincare benefits and naturally radiant coverage in one! Umm, yes please. It costs $29.00 at Sephora. Not too bad for a 1.18floz product, especially when you don't need a lot with each use!

It's a mineral based formulation that combines the best parts of BB and CC creams, and a tinted moisturizer to improve skin hydration. It leaves a dewey sheer-to-medium coverage for radiant, smooth, and healthy skin appearance. It also contains botanicals and antioxidants to protect skin form harmful outside stressors, and lock in moisture to keep the skin hydrated. 

I think this product, along with the above kit, is great for the spring/summer when we want to have coverage but don't necessarily want to wear a lot of makeup in the warmer temperatures. Personally, I enjoy allowing my skin to breathe with lightweight products in the summer time, and I really look forward to using both of these products to do so.

I also love that the shades seem to be very forgiving. There are 10 shades, but when I was testing swatches at Sephora, I was able to match Opal 1, Vanilla 2, and Buttercream 3 very well. Opal would be my usual skin as Casper's sister, but Buttercream was just slightly darker on me for when I get a little tan in the summer. I ultimately decided to get the Vanilla because it was the perfect in-between. So I have the best of both worlds. 

And there you have it! I hope you give these a try, and as always, feel free to let me know how you feel about them and if you have any other products you'd suggest I give a try! 

I will have a new post up on Saturday! Until then, stay beautiful!!
Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, concerns, please contact: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out a Contact Form in the sidebar! 

INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

TWITTER <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment