Find Me On Social Media

Monday, March 23, 2015

Skincare Secret: Benefits of Honey!!

Welcome back, beauties!!

I'm so, so sorry I've been slacking in the post department. Things have been cray cray and I just haven't found the time. Things have calmed down, it's a new week, soooo I'm back! I've been making tons of purchases lately (Such a bittersweet sentence, haha!) and so I'll be pumping out the posts this week!

I've mentioned in previous skincare posts that I have acne prone skin. My skin had been doing amazingly well lately. I had not a blemish on it. This is a rare thing for me, and I was LOVING it. I mean, who wouldn't? Unfortunately, that all went down the tubes when I had a very bad reaction to the GlamGlow Youthmud TINGLEXFOLIATE Treatment. It wasn't so much breakouts ( I did get a few cystic breakouts) but it was more so hives.

I'm not exactly sure WHAT was going on, but all I know is it looked like World War III broke out on my face. It has not been pretty.

SO, I've been spending the last week trying to just calm my skin down and get it back to normal. I've still got a bit of texture in some spots, but it's mostly redness that I'm dealing with now. Because of this, I've had to bust out my secret skincare power tool that many, many people find me weird for going to on a regular basis.

Raw Honey! 


Yes, I mean raw honey that comes in the little bear-shaped tube that you use for baking, or to put into your tea, etc. etc. There are so, so, so many skincare benefits of honey, it does absolute wonders. It's important to note, when purchasing your honey, make sure you're purchasing "raw", "natural", "pure", or "organic" honey to ensure that it's in its most natural form. 

First, let's talk about why raw honey is so amazing for skincare.

  • It is full of antioxidants, making it a secret agent in fighting aging. 
  • Honey is EXTREMELY moisturizing and soothing, giving your skin a beautiful glow.
  • It unclogs pores!
Here are my favorite benefits of honey:


  • It's a natural antibacterial, therefore, it's amazing for treating acne, as well as preventing it. 
  • It protects against skin damage. 
  • Promotes wound healing.

  • These are all such beneficial properties when it comes to fighting acne, and healing/soothing your face after suffering from the smallest or the largest breakouts. 

    When I have a breakout, or a bad reaction to a skincare product like I did recently, I go straight for the honey. If I break down and pop/pick at the breakouts and my skin is inflamed, red, bumpy, and irritated beyond belief, honey is the magic cure. 

    How do I use it to heal my skin? 

    After cleansing my skin, I splash some water on my face and pat any excess water off with a towel. Just leave your skin a little damp so the honey is a bit easier to apply. Then, take a generous amount of honey in the palm of your hand, and simply apply it as you would a mask all over your face. You will look extremely weird, but it's very worth it. 

    The amount of time you leave the mask on varies depending on the severity of your skin. If you just want a quick mask, leave it on for about 15 minutes, a little more: 20 minutes, if your skin is in really bad shape: an hour. 

    I normally leave my mask on for an hour, sometimes more if I get caught up doing things. After an hour, I simply wash it off and all of my redness, inflammation, and irritation is absolutely GONE. It's amazing how quickly your skin clears up within just an hour. 

    You can also use it as a simple spot treatment for smaller breakouts. Just put a little swab right over the breakout and leave it on for a while, or sleep with it if you don't mind possibly getting your pillowcase a little sticky, haha!

    There are so many more benefits of raw honey. For your hair, for your cuticles, for sunburn damage, etc. etc. 

    I strongly recommend trying honey! It's changed my skin! It's really been helping me after my poor reaction to the exfoliant. Also, look up different ways to use honey! As a cleanser, a hair treatment, a natural exfoliant: I mainly use it as a mask/spot treatment, so I can't speak on the others, but I'm sure they're just as amazing to give a try. 

    If you're going to give it a try, let me know! I hope I've inspired you. And if you have any odd skincare secret weapons against breakouts, let me know! I'd love to hear them and give them a try! 

    I will be back Wednesday with another post! I promise! 
    Until then, stay beautiful,
    Christina Bracco
    xoxoxoxo

    For PR inquiries, questions, comments, concerns, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out a Contact Form in the sidebar. 

    INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW ME!!

    TWITTER  <---- CLICK HERE AND FOLLOW ME!!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment