Find Me On Social Media

Monday, April 27, 2015

My Must-Have Items In My "On The Go" Makeup Bag!

*If you're on mobile, click images for clearer resolution :)*

Happy Monday, beauties!!

I really wanted to dedicate this blog to sharing my Must-Have products that I make sure I always carry with me when I'm going somewhere.

Now, that's not to say that I carry these items when I'm going food shopping, to lunch, or hanging out at a friends house. I'm talking about the essentials that I bring with me when I'm going to a girls night out, a party, a shower, date night, etc. These products are also handy for freshening up midway through a school day. Any type of event that may require a little sprucing up!

While the makeup I wear is mostly bulletproof, I usually like to touch up midway through the day/night to regain my glow and freshness.

So, what are the essential items to staying fresh when I'm spending a lot of time outdoors, dancing the night away, or looking my best on date night?

Here is my "On The Go" Makeup Bag! 



Let me start out by saying, I'm so sorry, I have no idea where I got this makeup bag. I have so many of them lying around, I cannot keep track! This makeup bag is a really great size that can fit so many products easily. You can even fit larger eyeshadow palettes like the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette.
_________________________________________


So, if I'm midway through the day/night, I'll step into the bathroom at some point and give myself a little "umf" by using these products. Depending on the kind of "umf" I feel I need, I may only use 1 or 2 of these products, or I'll use them all.

What's in my bag? I'm going to break it down to Face, and then Color, Eyes, and Lips!

Face:



  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation
  • It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush
  • Mally Beauty Travel Size Poreless Face Defender
  • CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Concealer in Fair

Even though I may not have necessarily used the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation that day, it's usually the one I bring with me for quick touchups. It has great coverage, but won't make your makeup look too cake-y by adding more. I use my favorite foundation brush (the It Cosmetics listed above) and I will either buff it all over my whole face, or in just the necessary areas. 

I don't contour on a regular bases, unless I really feel like going all out with my look that day, or it's a very special occasion, but as we all know, it IS okay to have contour/highlight on under your foundation. So, I'm not too concerned with putting foundation on over it. If you really want your contour/highlight to stand out, then bring them in your bag! But, for me, I stick to the essentials.

After I use my foundation, it's always an essential to touch up with my concealer! I switch between my CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous concealer, and my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. Touch up those dark under eyes, and any blemishes that may be poking through, and you're immediately looking more awake, and fresher! 

And, to pull it all together when I'm finished touching up, I use the Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender to set everything in place. This is the travel-size compact and sponge. If you don't bring anything else, this is the one thing you should always have. You simply dab your face and it takes away and excess oil/shine while setting your makeup in face. Yes, please!


Color, Eyes, and Lips!


  • Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Love
  • Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Pink Peony 
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara 
  • Eyelash curler

If I want a little more life in my face, I'll pop on my Josie Maran Argan Color Stick. I'll give the apples of my cheeks a little swipe, and blend it in. Boom! Instant freshness. Touching up with blush is one of my favorite ways to refresh.

If you want to brighten up your eyes and look more awake and alive, then I suggest bringing a mascara of your choice and/or an eyelash curler. I usually bring the Tarte Gifted mascara because it's one of my smaller/travel size mascaras. Applying an extra coat will give your eyes more life, and more importantly, if you give your lashes an extra curl, you have an instant eye lift! You're welcome :)

Now, it's important to bring a lipstick/lipgloss of some sort with you for a touchup. Whether it's the lipstick/lipgloss that you initially applied at the beginning of the day, or if you brought a new one to freshen things up and switch up the look, a lip color can make all the difference. I usually always bring my Tarte Amazonian Butter in Pink Peony because it's extremely hydrating, it lasts a long while, and it goes with everything! The perfect go-to must-have. 
_______________________________________________________________________________

So there you have it! My Must-Have items for my "On The Go" makeup bag! I hope I've inspired you. What essentials do you always carry on you? Let me know what I've been missing! I never need to touch up my brows because, as you  will all soon know thanks to my next post, they are 100% bulletproof! And the same goes for my eyeshadow ;)

Have a great rest of the week. I will see you on Wednesday with a new post all about how to get the perfect brows with my tried and true, holy grail brow product! 
Until then, stay beautiful!

Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, concerns, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out a Contact Form in the sidebar. Thank you. 

INSTAGRAM  <----- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

TWITTER <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment