Find Me On Social Media

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

All About Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil!

Welcome back, beauties! This is my first official blog post on Beauty by Bracco, and I'm SO excited it is a Tuesday Tip!

I was really excited to share with you one of my favorite secrets of good skincare. Because, after all:


There was no doubt in my mind about which product (or products) to start with. Allow me, if you have not yet heard of it, introduce you to Argan oil

Argan oil is an oil extracted from a seed that grows inside of a fruit. This fruit grows on trees that you can only find in Morocco. Each tree takes 14 years to grow. 

Argan oil is growing rapidly in popularity, however, I'm only going to talk about one specific Argan product/brand, and here's why…

Due to Argan oil gaining a large amount of popularity as of late, many companies are jumping on the Argan bandwagon. However, many of these companies will label their products with the statement that they contain Argan oil, when in reality, there are a number of chemicals/other ingredients listed within the product that take away the Argan oils pureness and nutrients. Some products may state that they have Argan oil, but that does not mean they hold a significant amount.

That's why, it is SO important to read labels when you're looking for a specific ingredient to ensure that you're receiving a significant amount.

Now, this leads me to the specific Argan oil that I use every morning and night.


Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil

Josie Maran's entire line of beauty products are either 100% Argan oil, or infused with Argan oil. This is a rare find.
What makes Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan oil so different from other brands claiming to have pure Argan oil, is that everything is done by hand and naturally. Each seed is cold pressed, by hand, between two rocks by women in Morocco. Cool, or what? It's so important to state that the seeds are cold pressed to extract the oil because by cold pressing, you are not ridding the oil of any essential nutrients. By pressing the seeds with heat, like many companies do due to the cheapness and quickness of the task in factories, you are eliminating the pure essential nutrients of the oil itself. 

So what are some of the benefits of Argan oil? Specifically, Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan oil? 

Argan oil is essentially a lightweight oil that deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin; providing the skin with essential fatty acids, Vitamin E, and enzymes that it needs, but our bodies don't produce. It heals, conditions, and hydrates the skin with anti-aging properties that help fight wrinkles. Argan oil absorbs quickly, deep into the skin, making it a beneficial moisturizer, leaving you with dewy skin throughout the day.
Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil contains NO Parabens, Sulfates, or Phthalates.

Now, I know what you must be thinking. "Christina, I can't put OIL on my face. It's OIL. I already have oily skin! This will make me breakout like crazy! Are you nuts?!" 
I used to feel the same way when I would watch the Josie Maran Argan Oil presentations on QVC. Finally, during a time in the summer when my skin was so badly broken out due to a combination of hormones and stress, I decided to purchase it.

Best. Decision. Ever. 

I have combination oily skin. I suffer from breakouts when it's that time of the month, or when I'm not eating as healthy as normal. My skin is rather sensitive to products with harsh chemicals/ingredients. My skin gets dry in the winter, as most people's skin does. 
So my skin is kind of all over the place. What did it need? Argan oil.

Argan oil actually helps to balance out your skin. Your skin stops producing excess amounts of oil because it is receiving oil more frequently. Now, you're still going to be oily, that's just your natural skin type, but you will notice a significant decrease in oil production. 

Argan oil will not make you break out. In fact, it will help your breakouts heal. Any dry patches, red patches, acne scars: This product will help you rid your face of them all.

This product is such a staple in my beauty regimen, I never go a day without it. Every morning and night, I use a few drops from the dropper (about 3-4) then rub it gently between my hands, and then gently press it into my face. It is the only moisturizer I use.

But it's not just for your face, you can put this product anywhere.
Other than a daily moisturizer, this can be used:
- On cuticles
-Cracked elbows
-Dry skin throughout the body
-Dry feet
-In your hair to hydrate or smooth fly aways.

Like I said earlier, all of Josie Maran Cosmetics products have 100% Pure cold-pressed Argan oil within them. I own nearly all of her products and love them dearly. She has eyeshadows infused with Argan oil and coconut water, she has Argan Milk, which can be used as a serum, foundations, hand creams, illuminizers, just to name a few. 

Just a few of my Josie Maran Cosmetics products

Let me know if you'd like an in-depth description/review of any of her products. I'd be happy to make a post!

Now, I know that this may be considered a bit pricey. My theory is, if it's pure, organic, and WORKS, then it's worth it. 

A 1.7 ounce bottle of Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil runs for $48.00 at Sephora, but you can purchase mini .5 ounce bottles for $16.00 to try before you buy!

You can find all of her products at Sephora, QVC, Ulta Beauty, or her own website.

I truly stand by this product. It has saved my skin!

I hope you learned a little something, and I hope that you give this product a try!

Bye, beauties! Stay beautiful!

Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

If you have any questions, any comments, feedback, or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments below or email me at Christina.f.b@aol.com

Or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as Christina Bracco
 INSTAGRAM <----- Click here and follow!

TWITTER <------- Click here and follow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment