Find Me On Social Media

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler

Hello, beauties!!

I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, I took the day off! :) (Really, I was busy running errands. So NOT exciting.)

I wanted to share with my lovely readers, a gift set that I recieved this past Christmas:

The Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler!! 



This is an annual gift set created by Sephora for the holiday season. The set contains 14 samples of fragrances sold at Sephora. 

The best thing about this gift set, is that it contains one voucher for a free FULL SIZED bottle of whatever fragrance in the set you choose. 

The gift set sells for $60.00 but has a value of $105.00. That sounds like a pretty jazzy deal if you ask me!

So, what scents does this set contain? In this gift set, there is:


  • Burberry Brit Sheer: .06 fl oz 
  • Chloé: .04 fl oz
  • Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black: .06 fl oz
  • Elizabeth and James Nirvana White .06 fl oz
  • Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia: .05 fl oz
  • Gucci Flora by Gucci: .06 fl oz
  • Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy: .05 fl oz
  • Lancôme La Vie Est Belle: .05 fl oz
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy: .04 fl oz
  • Narcisco Rodriguez For Her: .03 fl oz
  • Prada Candy: .05 fl oz
  • Thierry Mugler Alien: .04 fl oz
  • Tom Ford Black Orchid: .05 fl oz
  • Versace Bright Crystal: .03 fl oz

This set also contains a Perfume Sampler Booklet For Her, which contains all the details about each scent: Their notes, impressions, full size bottle amounts, inspirations, etc. As well as the voucher for the free full size fragrance of your choice.

There is also a Sephora Cologne Sampler For Men, but I don not own it, so I feel it is not my place to talk about it, haha!

Now, I have to say, there were many surprises in this gift set for me. I won't go into a detailed review of each scent, but I will give my top 3 favorite scents, and 1 or 2 I'm disappointed in. I'm finding it so hard to choose a favorite! But I think that's a good thing. It means that the set is a worthy investment.



Top 3 Favorites:

  1. Marc Jacobs Daisy: This scent is very light and very feminine. It's both sophisticated and playful. I feel it can be worn all throughout the year. The Notes: Wild Strawberry, violet leaves, and ruby red grapefruit. 
  2. Lancôme La Vie Est Belle: I was very surprised with how much I liked this scent. It is a bit heavier than Daisy. It's a bit muskier, and very sophisticated. But I feel you could still get away with wearing this scent all year round. The Notes: Iris palladia, patchouli, orange blossom, and jasmine, with a sweet gourmand blend.
  3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White: (I also love Nirvana Black, but I vowed to only pick 3 favorites, haha.) This is another lighter scent, but it does contain hints of musk, and when it settles onto your skin, I think it smells lovely. It's a floral scent. I'm a sucker for a floral scent. I really enjoy it. The Notes: A captivating  blend of peony, muguet, and musk for a sophisticated, feminine scent.  
3 Least Favorite:

(I never want to completely bash a product, so I will just list them.
  1. Tom Ford Black Orchid
  2. Versace Bright Crystal 
  3. Aqua Di Gioia 

Now, what I also find great about this gift set is its convenience. Yes, you receive a voucher for a free full size perfume of your choosing, but you're also getting 14 scent samplers to take with you on the go!

I had received this kit for Christmas years ago, and while I loved the concept, I wasn't pleased (and asked to never receive it again) due to the fact that the samplers were not spray, or even roll-on, samples. They were just regular bottles that you poor the product out of and have to awkwardly dab onto your skin. I hate that. It doesn't work to get the scent out, and it's a pain in the butt. When I found out that these were sprayable samples, it immediately went on my Christmas list. Yes, please.

It's so convenient to have the sprayable perfume samples because you can keep them in your purse, keep them in your car, keep them in your locker at work, etc. They're so easy! The Aqua Di Gioia scent does not have a spray top, but since the other 13 do, I'll let it go. But get with the program, Aqua!

I really suggest this gift set to my perfume loving beauties out there. It's still available at Sephora and Sephora.com, and it's really fun to play with!

If you've tried it, let me know your favorite and least favorite scents. And if you're going to give it a try, let me know!

I'll be back on Friday with a favorites post about trends/products I've been loving this week.

Until then, stay beautiful!
Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, suggestions, etc. Please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com

INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

TWITTER<---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

FACEBOOK  <---- ADD ME HERE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment