Find Me On Social Media

Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Favorites: Mally Beauty, Lorac, Tarte, Mario Badescu, SallyHansen, Victoria's Secret!!!

Hello, beauties!!!

I hope you all had an amazing week! I for one, am SO happy the weekend is here. It's been a very hectic week for me.

But despite it being a hectic week, I still found the time to fall in love with some beauty products.

So, I decided that today would be a post all about my favorite go-to products for the week that I used pretty much every day.

Let's jump right in, shall we?

 Here are my favorite beauty products of the week!

Let's start with the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. Now, I had heard so much about this facial spray from numerous blogs and beauty vloggers, and I had been wanting to try it for so long. I finally purchased a 4 fl oz. bottle (there is a larger bottle than this) for $7.00 on Amazon.com. Even though I did get the smaller bottle, this bad boy will surely last you a while. I use it every day, sometimes more than once a day, and I've yet to make a dent. 

As the weather has been getting colder, you know, that sharp cold that hurts any exposed skin and you think you're pretty close to catching hypothermia, my skin was feeling extra dry this week. Now, I have mostly oily skin, but at certain points throughout winter, the cold-dry air just sucks my face of all its moisture. Thankfully, I have Argan Oil, and I have Mario Badescu. 

This facial spray is so lightweight, it doesn't make your makeup run or make you feel like you just got splashed in the face. It's just a lovely, hydrating coating that smells like roses. Who doesn't want to just have a bubble of rose sent surrounding their face? You can use this with makeup, without makeup, however you please! It's really helped me keep my face moisturized throughout the day when I have a full face of makeup on and can't do anything else. I really recommend this for those looking for some more hydration, especially in these winter months!  

On to the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Crème's in the shades Wonder and Rare.
Left: Rare / Right: Wonder

I received both of these LipSurgence shades in a fantastic Tarte QVC gift set around the holiday season. (Along with a BUNCH of other amazing Tarte products.) The gift set was called the Sweet Indulgences 3-in-1 Holiday Gift Collection. Unfortunately, it sold out back in December, and of course, was not brought back. The good news is, you can still purchase these LipSurgence shades on their own! Tarte has so many amazing shades in these lip crèmes. They're $24.00 at Sephora.

Rare would be described as a peachy-nude, while Wonder would be described as a poppy shade. The pigmentation is to die for. Absolutely gorgeous. And they really, really do stay on your lips without having to reapply 10 times throughout the day. They glide on like butter, and leave your lips feeling so creamy and hydrated. I cannot say enough good things about them! Love, love, LOVE!

Wonder is definitely a pop of color for the lips, and I am always a sucker for any type of nude shade with that gorgeous Rare. I have swatches of both colors towards the end of the blog with the other products I swatched, so be sure to check that out!

Next, I'd like to talk about the nails, honey! For those of you who do not know, I am a nail polish hoarder. I am addicted to nail polish. I buy way too much of it, I change it way to often. I just love it. I have at least 60 polishes. I can do a post dedicated to polishes if you'd like, haha. Here's a peak at my collection: 


Now, I've always been a sucker for a black polish, and my ultimate fav always seems to be the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in the shade Blackout. 
This shade is a true black. It doesn't fade, it doesn't easily chip, and it has a gorgeous shine to it. I think black polish is always a staple polish to have because it can go with a  casual- cool look, or it can go with a classy-dressed up look. I've been wearing black polish all week and just loving it. I had to share. What are your favorite polish colors? I'm always looking for suggestions, haha!

This week has been a milestone week, my friends. I have finally, FINALLY, mastered the art of winged liner. I was watching some beauty vloggers doing their thing, and decided to try my hand at the ever intimidating winged liner look, and succeeded on the first try! Now, I wouldn't say I'm completely perfect yet, but I've been practicing like crazy. And that means I've been rocking the winged liner look every day this week. Whether I was going to the grocery store, or the dentist, I had the winged liner on. 
Just a little peak at my accomplishments :D

The product that really helped me master the winged liner look was my Lorac Front of the Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner in the shade Black.


(I had to take a last-minute photo on my laptop.)

The precision tip of this applicator makes it really easy to make sharp and crisp lines, making it less easy to make a mistake. And the color is a try black. It's not a matte liner (it's liquid, duh, Christina) but It's not overly shiny. 

I've had this liner for quite a while, and I actually think it's running out of product. If you have any suggestions for a good eyeliner to use for a winged look, please let me know via comments or email. I'm not sure if I'll purchase this again or if I'll try something new. Regardless, this liner has served me well for years and seems to work for any liner look. It glides on smoothly and easily, and the thin tip makes it easy to create the look you want! It's $23.00 at Ulta! 

It seems I rarely do a post these days without mentioning my girl Mally Roncal, but if I'm doing Friday Favorites you know I have to throw in a little Mally Beauty for you ;) 
I received the Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Highlighter from my aunt for Christmas, and I have been loving it! I mean, look at that packaging alone. UGH! I'm a sucker for a good contour and highlight, and I've been using this product for my highlighting needs all week! While I feel that some highlighters are often too light or too shiny for all skin tones, this particular highlighter appears to be a bit like a flesh-colored highlighter, if that makes sense? It appears as a very natural glow on the skin, without making it look painfully obvious that you've got some major highlighting going on. It's not sparkly, not shimmery, it's very sheen. It gives you that natural glow-from-within look. I love it! I just use a fluffy brush and pop it on the highest point of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose, a little on my chin, and in between my eyebrows and bam! Done! And looking gorgois, as Mally would say. I couldn't find this specific product anywhere, but I did find this specific highlighter paired with a beautiful blush in a duo for $45.00 at MallyBeauty.com so that seems like a pretty jazzy deal to me! This beautiful highlighter, a beautiful blush color that is speaking to me right now as I look at it, and a double ended brush! 
Here is a janky swatch of all of the products mentioned above! Except the facial spray, of course.
Top: Lorac Pro Liner
Second: Tarte LipSurgence Wonder
Third: Tarte LipSurgence Rare
Bottom: Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Highlighter

Finally, this is a quick little favorite that I've been loving. I received a sample of the Victoria's Secret Heavenly Scent in a body wash, lotion, and perfume. This perfume, oh my goodness. It is named perfectly because it sure does smell heavenly! 
It's such a warm scent that's not too overpowering. It's very soft and very feminine. According to Victoria'sSecret.com its notes are: White musk, Sandalwood, vanilla and white peony. The smaller bottle goes for $58.00, and when my sample runs out, I will definitely be purchasing a bottle. LOVE! 

So that's it, beauties!! Those are my loves for the week!! I've been using these products none stop. 

If you have any suggestions, any products you've been loving, leave me a comment, send me an email, or find me on Social Media below!! 

Until next week, stay beautiful!!
Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, comments, suggestions, questions, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com

INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

TWITTER <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

FACEBOOK  <---- ADD ME HERE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment