Find Me On Social Media

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Favorite: Lori Greiner Luxury Deluxe Wood Cosmetic Box with Mirror!!!

Hello beauties!!

I hope all of my east coasters survived that "blizzard." I for one, certainly enjoyed that snow day.

So, by now, I think it's pretty clear to see that I love makeup. Most of the time, when you love makeup, you buy way too much of it. I am a victim of this mentality, haha. So what do I do with all of this makeup after I buy it?

I had been searching for something to neatly organize and store my makeup for a while. I was originally using one of those tabletop plastic three-tier drawer sets, but it was completely unorganized, and couldn't store many things easily. Then, I had thought about getting a train case, and I think I still may at some point, but wanted to find something for the top of my dresser that was a bit more presentable.

And then, one day I was watching QVC, and I saw that Lori Grenier was on. Lori Grenier, for those who do not know, is a businesses woman and entrepreneur who stars on the show Shark Tank. She has a line of organizational/helpful items that range from purse organizers to jewelry holders. As I was watching, because I am a sucker for all things organizational, I watched them present this Lori Greiner Luxury Deluxe Wood Cosmetic Box with Mirror.


I was so amazed, I had to have it. It was perfect! Lori herself said that the piece can store anywhere from 100 to 120 pieces of makeup. So much storage, so many possibilities. The only bummer was the price. The price made me much less quick to jump on ordering it. Now, we know that QVC and QVC.com brings their customers products at a discounted price in comparison to other retailers.

For example, this piece can be found at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $99.99, but can be found at QVC.com for $89.96 (plus S&H). So QVC does give you a bit of a break! I think I would have eventually jumped on the $89.96 offer, but that's a little much.

Then, one night, I was scrolling around the Lori Geiner section of QVC.com and noticed that they were selling an "As is" version of this cosmetics box for $56.50. Uhmmm, what?! Yes, please.
"As is" means that they used those pieces during On-Air demos, or they were vendor samples, and not in their original manufactured condition.

As long as the piece doesn't look totally busted when it arrives at my home, I'm totally okay with that for a discounted price. So, I purchased the piece in the shade white, and when it arrived home, I was SO happy!! It had a few marks on it that were buffed away within seconds. Score!! I immediately fell in love. Who knew my one true love was a cosmetics organizer? It was so much fun to put all of my makeup in this piece.

The "As is" piece can still be found on QVC.com for the discounted price, but it is only available in the white wood at this time (subject to change when presented on-air again). But if you can spend the $89.96  on the regular box on QVC.com or even the $99.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond- then I would totally tell you to go do it right now! Stop reading this and go buy this product!

The box is available in a few different shades of wood, so you can totally match whatever furniture piece or room you need to!

  • Cherry 
  • Walnut
  • White
  • Oak
So let's have a peak into this piece, shall we? 

Do you hear that? That's the sound of the heavens playing their harps.

As you can see, the box has tons and tons of space. There's a great mirror at the very top, though I honestly never use the mirror. Then there's 8 different shelves that you can do what you please with. What's so great about it is that you can see all of your products so easily. You don't have to go rummaging through a drawer or a box to find what you're looking for. Everything is so easily visible right in front of you. You know where everything is. Everything has a place.

Let's take a closer look…


I really love the storage along the back wall for the brushes. I clearly keep brushers there, but I also keep some of my favorite eyeliners and eyebrow pencils for easy access. 


Another favorite feature is the different slots for individual eyeshadows also along the back wall (above the brushes, as you can see). There are also a few more slots along the top left shelf, as you can see in the first photo. 

I really appreciate the slots in this bottom shelf. It's great for storing individual bronzers, blushes, and smaller eyeshadow palettes. 


This is probably my favorite feature of the whole piece. There are 30 slots here. You can store lipsticks up the wazoo. Or like me, you can store lipsticks, lip glosses, mascaras, concealer, etc.. It's so perfect. You can see everything. The best part? These 30 slots are a removable piece. You can use it, not use it at all, and it easily fits into all of the shelves in the box, so you can put this piece wherever you want within the box. 

The inside is vinyl lining, so it wipes clean. It's a magnetic close. You can open one shelf if you want, for each shelf has its own handle, or open the whole piece at once. 

It takes up so little space on your dresser top, and it's not too heavy in case you want to put it away after using it instead of displaying it. It's really a beautiful piece. I promise, you will have so much fun playing around with it.

My only "complaint" is that there is not place to put eyeshadow larger palettes. You wouldn't be able to fit your Urban Decay Naked palettes in this piece. But I understand, the piece would have to be larger to fit those. No big deal, I have another place for my larger palettes. 

So I say, if you can do it, get this piece! Especially if you've been looking for a great way to organize your cosmetics, skincare, beauty products, etc. 

If you're interested in the white wood, I'd jump on that "As is" version on QVC.com.

Let me know if you're going to try this piece, or if you already own it! I'd love to hear :)

Until next time, have a great week. Stay warm! 

Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, concerns, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out the Contact Form in the sidebar. 

INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!!

TWITTER <----- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment