Find Me On Social Media

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beauty Haul: Sephora, QVC, Kiko, NYX, Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, Josie Maran, Coastal Scents!

Welcome back, beauties!

Today's post is all about a mini haul that I did over the weekend.

Though, I'm not sure what constitutes a HAUL and a MINI HAUL.

I think I may have a mini haul. What do you think?

The Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette is not pictured with the rest of the products because I received it from Amazon the day after these photos were taken. Originally, I was not going to include it in the haul, but changed my mind last minute :)

I kept myself, and my wallet, very busy this weekend. Some of these products are things I have already used and just needed to replenish, while others are first time purchases. 

We shall start at Sephora. It seems as though every time I go into Sephora for something specific, I come out with more than necessary. Does that happen to you? 

Side note: While writing this, I've just realized that these are the first Urban Decay products I've ever purchased. 

I went to Sephora to purchase Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in the color Distortion. I had heard a lot about this liner, and I've been really into sparkles lately, maybe due to the holiday's (?) I don't know, but I wanted to give it a try. And so far I am loving it! It just adds a fun little extra pop to your eyes. What I find great about this product is that it has multi-purposes. You can wear it on it's own, with shadows, as a liner, over other liners, or you can throw it all over your lid if you're feeling extra sparkly. I have a swatch of it below! But I really recommend it. It runs for $20.00 at Sephora. 


Next, I purchased the Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion in a "Travel size"
Seriously, don't you just LIVE for the bins along the checkout line of Sephora? I always find such goodies there. I bought a "travel" size of this eyeshadow primer because I was previously using another eyeshadow primer that I really disliked, so I wanted to start small to be sure that I liked this before I bought a full size. I've yet to use it, but I've heard great things, so I'll let you know how it goes! Also, I know, I know. "You're 22. You don't need anti-aging." But due to my always wearing eye makeup and tugging on my poor lids to remove it, I figured I'd give them a little extra help. The primer is photographed above, I didn't think the primer needed its own photo, haha. The travel size runs for $13.00 at Sephora.

Finally, I was VERY happy to finally purchase the Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural in color N9 (Copper Pink). I had first tried this product when I received it back in September for my birthday gift from Sephora along with the Makeup Forever mascara, and fell in love with it!
The difference between my mini sample and the full size

 I use this color ALL the time. I just love it. I have been trying to get my hands on it for such a long time, but it was always sold out both online and in stores. Finally, this weekend, I spotted the LAST one all the way in the back of the display and snatched it as fast as I could. This color is such a beautiful cool copper tone, but not too dark or brown. It has such a slight hint of pink to it. It has a slight shine, and is very hydrating on the lips. It doesn't leave them dry. I believe this color would work with all skin tones. A big plus! It runs for $20.00 on Sephora. 

Here's a wonky swatch of the Makeup Forever N9 lipstick and the Urban Decay Heavy Glitter Liner in Distortion. SO beautiful!!

Next, I'll move on to QVC! 

So, last week Josie Maran was on QVC with a Today's Special Value that I just HAD to purchase, and it arrived over the weekend! 

For those of you who don't know, a Today's Special Value (TSV) is an amazing deal on an amazing product or kit at a discounted price for ONE DAY ONLY. We all know from my previous post about Josie Maran Argan Oil that I love all of her products. I was sold. 


Josie Maran Argan Oil Pure Complexion 5 Piece Collection!!

This five piece collection was to live for. They're all full sized products, one is even a supersize! 

If purchased separately, this 5 piece collection would come to $213.00. As the TSV, it was being sold for… wait for it… $69.96. SAY WHAT?! How could you resist?! 

Now, before diving in, I will say that since the TSV price is no longer, the price went up to $76.96. Only a few more dollars. Still an amazing deal if you ask me!

Okay, so what do we get in this amazing collection? 


This collection includes:
  • A full size bottle of 100% Pure Argan Oil
  • A full size bottle of the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
  • A SUPERSIZE bottle of the Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation 
  • Foundation brush exclusive to QVC until April 1st, 2015
  • Full size Argan Color Stick in Love: An exclusive shade to QVC
I was very excited about this collection, because it has products that I needed to replenish, and products that I've been wanting to try, but haven't yet. 

I will not go into the important benefits of Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil again. To read my in-depth post about that, click HERE: ARGAN

I've yet to try the Cleansing Oil, but I've read countless reviews and heard countless testimonies about it. All good things! I'm running low on the current cleanser I am using, so once I officially run out, I shall switch to this cleanser and let you know how I like it :)

Can we just talk about the Matchmaker Foundation + brush. I've yet to use the blush, but I purchased the foundation on its own at Sephora. The difference between the full size and the supersize in this kit is amazing.
The left is the supersize from QVC, the right is the regular full size from Sephora

You can only get the supersize in this specific collection. 

The great thing about this foundation is the magic of it. As it says in the name, it is a "matchmaker foundation." It goes on white, and as you blend it in, it melts into your skin and color corrects to match your skin tone. It's amazing! Another great thing: There are only 3 shades for every single skin tone in the world.
  • Fair/Light
  • Light/Medium
  • Medium/Dark
Just like that, everyone is covered. Due to the color correcting pigments, only 3 shades are needed. 
I really enjoy this foundation. It provides full coverage, and it's build-able without caking due to its serum texture. It's very easily blended, and feels very lightweight on the skin. And because it contains 100% Pure Argan Oil, it keeps your skin moisturized throughout the day. YES! On its own, the regular full size goes for $42.00 at Sephora or QVC. 

Finally, the Argan Color Stick in "Love." I've been wanting to try the Josie Maran color sticks for a while! I have the Argan Infinity Lip And Cheek Creamily Oil in a few colors and love them. This Color Stick has multiple purposes! You can pop it on your cheeks and just blend it in lightly with your fingers, or you can apply it to your lips as a lip color. The color is just a beautiful mauvey pink and it smells yummy too. (But please don't eat it.)

All in all, I seriously recommend this kit to anyone who wants to try Josie Maran products and get a great deal!

Next, I purchased the NYX Dewy Finishing Spray from Target. I really love this finishing spray. I've purchased it before, but was running low, so I stocked up. It is photographed in the first picture. There's not much to say other than that I love to set my makeup with this when I'm finished applying. I love a good dewy finish, girl yaaaaaas.

Next up, we've got two nail polish's from Kiko Makeup From Milano. A Kiko just recently opened in my local mall, and I really love this store! Their products are pretty good quality, and great dupes for many more expensive brands. 

I was looking for darker pinkish colors that I could wear in the Fall/Winter, because all of the pink polishes I own are Spring/Summer pinks. Way too bright for this time of year. 

I should just state this now: I am a nail polish hoarder. I live for nail polish. I change it up constantly, and I own way too many. That being said, I love Kiko polishes! They've got a great selection,  and they're very pigmented. You can get away with one coat. They dry quickly and don't chip easily. Most importantly, they're around $4-$5 dollars, I can't remember exactly. Way cheaper than other brands, and just as good of quality! I highly recommend them.

Left: 317/ Right: 375

And finally, I purchased the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette.


Love the packaging!!

 I haven't tried any of the shadows out yet, since I just received it in the mail yesterday, but I'm very excited! (Thank you, Brittany, for the suggestion!) I haven't even swatched it yet, because it's so pretty I'm not ready to taint it, haha!  But the colors look beautiful, I'm loving it. I love any great palette that has both matte and shimmer shadows! I'm so excited to try these. And I got it for $19.00 on Amazon ($20.00 if you include tax.) All of those shadows for $20? Don't mind if I do!! 


That was a lot to absorb, right? It was a lot to write, haha. But I hope I sparked your interest with some products! Let me know if you're going to give any a try! Also, if you have any products that you recently purchased that you've been loving, I'd love to hear some recommendations! :)

I hope you enjoyed this haul. I enjoyed writing it!

Until Friday, stay gorgeous! 

Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, comments, questions, suggestions, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out the Contact Form on the side of the blog.

TWITTER <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!

INSTAGRAM  <----- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!

FACEBOOK  <----- ADD ME HERE! 




1 comment:

  1. haha so happy you got the revealed palette! and I love kikos too! the quality is awesome for the price.

    ReplyDelete