Find Me On Social Media

Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Favorite: Mally Beauty CityChick Smokey Eye Kit in Soho Silver !!

Happy Friday, beauties!!

It's been a very long week. I hope you are all doing something fun tonight! (I won't be, so let me live through you.)

If you follow me on Instagram, and if you're not, you can follow me here: Instagram , you saw that I posted a gorgeous smokey eye look using my Mally Beauty Smokey Eye Kit in Soho Silver! I said that I would be writing a post about this kit, and here it is!


This was the photo I posted!

I just LOVE this look. I was in search for a perfect cool tone palette, and looked high and low for the perfect one. As I was going through all of my eyeshadow palettes, I noticed that every single palette that I own... WARM TONES. I loves me some warm tone shadows, but I'm trying to branch out.

That's why I decided to whip out my Mally Beauty CityChick palette and give it a go! I'm SO glad I did. Look at this perfection: 



I'm always very nervous with smokey eyes, especially cool tone/darker smokey eyes because I am as pale as casper, honey, and I don't want to overdo it! With this palette, it's impossible to mess up or give yourself that just-punched-in-the-eye look. The shadows are pigmented, but build-able. They start light and you just keep building until you're satisfied. Therefore, you don't dip your brush into the pan, place it on your eye, and you've got WAY too much shadow on. Noooooo thanks! This palette, however, is so safe, and I love that.


Let's talk step-by-step about how to use this kit and get the look that I created in the above photo! I'll have more detailed/close up photos below. 


The shade at the far left is your cream/powder base. Perfect as a primer/base to cover any redness, darkness, veins, etc, that you may have on your eye area. Put this all over your eye, from lid to brow bone.

Next, apply the beautiful shimmery silver next to the base, from lid to brow bone. This color will give your eye a perfect glow when the light hits it, but it's not overly shimmery. This light shade also aides in keeping your look from getting too dark.

Next, apply the matte medium shade all over your lid. Blend it into your crease so there are no harsh lines. This color is build-able, so you can pack on as much, or as little as you want.

Finally, take the matte black at the far right of the palette and smudge it out on the outer corner of your lower lash line. That means, don't take the brush along the whole lower lash line (you can if you want, but for this look, I kept it in the outer corner.) I also tapped a little of this in the outer corner or the lid for more dimension. 

And don't forget to blend, blend, BLEND it all out! 




I'm not sure why that little line is there on my lid. It's not there in person. I think my lid wrinkles when I smile, haha!



It's just a gorgeous Not-Over-The-Top (Unless you want it to be) smokey eye.

You can wear this less dramatically during the day like I am, or you can smoke it up even more for the night by packing on more color and adding a black eyeliner for a more dramatic POP. 

And there you have it! I really love this palette, and I hope I've inspired you to get it, or recreate a similar look with your own smokey palettes!

If you have any cool tone palette suggestions, PLEASE comment below, email me, or fill out the contact form in the sidebar and share. I'm desperate!

Have a gorgeous weekend! Sending you all love. Thank you SO much for reading,
Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, questions, comments, suggestions, PLEASE email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out the Contact Form in the sidebar. 

INSTAGRAM  <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

TWITTER <---- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment