Find Me On Social Media

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

REVIEW: HSN Exclusive Too Faced Better Than Chocolate Natural Beauty Essentials! (With Chocolate Bar Palette)

Happy Wednesday, Beauties!!! 

I'm very, very excited for today's post. I've been anxiously awaiting this set since I ordered it, and it wasn't until I sat down to write this that I realized, this is my first time trying/owning any Too Faced Cosmetics products. I've been admiring several of their products for so long, but the money struggle is real so I couldn't go crazy. That's why, when I came across this Too Faced Better Than Chocolate Natural Beauty Essentials set full of several Too Faced products that I've been dying to try for the price of ONE... I jumped on it.


Can we talk about the packaging itself? It's no ordinary cardboard box. There's a fancy texture to it!


So, let's get into what makes this kit so amazing. How about its price? This is the first Today's Special that Too Faced has ever done with HSN and it could not have been a better start. To top it off, it was a special Beauty Event day, so there was FREE shipping on everything. I'm. Dying. YAS.

This kit was $49.00. It contains 4 top selling items including the incredibly popular Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. The palette itself is $49.99. That means that the other 3 items were basically FREE in the set. I'll give you a better breakdown below of the amazing value of this set.

This set includes:


  • 1 Chocolate Bar Palette valued at $49.00
  • 1 FULL SIZED Too Faced Shadow Insurance valued at $20.00
  • 1 FULL SIZED Too Faced La Crème lipstick in the shade Nude, valued at $22.00
  • 1 FULL SIZED Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara valued at $23.00
Total Value: $114.00 
HSN Value: $43.00 + FREE S&H

The set also came with a FREE year-long subscription to Glamour Magazine, a free sample of the Too Faced Coco Powder Foundation, and illustration guide for 3 different eye looks using the Chocolate Bar palette. 

Note: I did one of the eye looks called "Haute Cocoa" from the illustration guide. Photos below!

The Chocolate Bar Palette itself is gorgeous. The packaging... I love it so much. I love the detail involved in the presentation. It makes you want to buy from the brand even more when they care so much about the presentation of their product. It's all about the details, beauties!



The pigmentation in the shadows is to die for. Tied with amazing Shadow Insurance primer, the shadows don't crease or crack, and glide on so beautifully on the lid. I'm also a sucker for a good pun, so the names of each shadow are so cute. There's some shimmer in the shadows, but nothing overwhelming, so they're perfect for every age range. The most important note to make about this palette... there's a special reason why it's called the Chocolate Bar. Anyone who is familiar with Too Faced knows about the Chocolate Bar Palette. It's famous worldwide. What's so amazing about this palette, and what makes it so different, is that each shadow is infused with Cocoa Powder... so it smells like chocolate!!! The first thing I did when I opened the box was smell it, and I was not disappointed! Cocoa Powder is a natural antioxidant, so not only is this palette GORGEOUS, it's also great for your lids! The skin around our eyes is so sensitive, it's amazing that we can help it while WEARING makeup!   
 

The pink and purple shadow- I die.



The mascara is beautiful. It's so difficult for me to find a mascara that doesn't flake and leave little black specks on my cheeks, or smudge near my lower lash line. The Better Than Sex mascara does none of those things! It doesn't clump, and it leaves my already long lashes so voluminous. Also, I'm obsessed with the wand. It really helps to coat every lash. It has a bit of an hour glass shape to it. I really enjoy this mascara. Two coats and I'm good! 



The La Crème lipstick is the perfect nude shade with a light hint of pink that will look amazing with all skin tones. It doesn't crack or dry out the lips, and it stays on without having to reapply 10 times a day. I really love it! It's the perfect creamy, hydrating nude lipstick.
I love this packaging. Ugh, the color is so perfect!

Here I am after creating the Haute Cocoa look from the Glamour Guide. I am also wearing the mascara and lipstick. I'm SO obsessed. 

This was SUCH a fun look to create! 

So there you have it! That's everything about the HSN Exclusive Too Faced Better Than Chocolate Natural Beauty Essentials set! I'm so pleased with all of the products, and I hope this is just the beginning for my Too Faced purchases! The set, to no surprise, sold out, but you can still find all of the products individually at Sephora, HSN, Amazon, etc.

Let me know about your favorite Too Faced products and maybe I'll give them a try! I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any suggestions for future posts, please contact me! Until Friday, have a happy rest of the week! Stay beautiful :)
Christina Bracco
xoxoxoxo

For PR inquiries, comments, suggestions, questions, please email: Christina.f.b@aol.com or fill out the Contact Form in the sidebar. 

INSTAGRAM <-----CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!
TWITTER <----- CLICK AND FOLLOW ME HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment